Collections take place from 7am to 4.30pm Tuesday to Friday. If your bin collection was missed in error and you would like us to arrange an alternative collection this must be reported by the end of the next working day.
To report a missed bin collection, first read the information below then fill in the 'Report Missed Collection' form found towards the bottom of the page.
Please be aware that currently we will not be able to return for missed garden waste bins or brown eco sacks. Our priority is the safety and wellbeing of the collection crew as well as ensuring that we can offer the service to all of our subscribers. Please place your bin out for collection on your next schedule collection day (on your green bin or lilac sack day).
There are a number of reasons why a bin may not have been emptied. Before reporting that your bin collection has been missed check the following:
- Your bin contained only the correct items - find out what can and cannot go in each of your bins.
- Your bin was put out for collection before 7am
- Your bin was in the correct location for collection – find information about putting your bins out for collection.
- There have been no collection date changes due to national holidays
Bins containing the wrong items
If your blue recycling bin contains the wrong items our collection crews will not empty it. Instead they will place a sticker over the lid of your bin to indicate that they found unacceptable items. Even a small amount of the wrong items can cause an entire lorry load of perfectly good recycling to be turned away from the sorting centre - this leads to significant environmental and financial costs. The collection crews are unable to remove any wrong items found.
If your blue recycling bin has not been emptied because it contained the wrong items take the following steps:
- Remove incorrect items from the bin - find information about what items you can put in your blue bin.
- Dispose of the incorrect items in an appropriate way - see our Recycling A to Z for more information about how to dispose of different items.
- On your next fortnightly collection day put your bin out for collection as normal. Ensure that it contains only the correct items.
- If you have excess recycling on collection day, place this neatly by the side of your blue bin in a clear sack or cardboard box - find more information about putting out you bins for collection.
- If you require advice or assistance please contact us using the details at the bottom of this page.
Watch the video below to find out more about why we take this approach to incorrect items and what to expect if your bin is not emptied for this reason.
If you have put out extra rubbish next to your green wheelie bin, it will not be collected. Only your green bin will be emptied. Learn more about putting out extra waste.
Report a missed collection
Each collection vehicle is fitted with a live reporting system that allows our collection crews to report any issues (e.g. bins which have the wrong thing in, bins that are put out incorrectly and any other access issues). These will be checked prior to any recollection. If an issue has been recorded by the crews they will not return.
If your bin has not been emptied in error then please report this using our online form: