- Recycling and rubbish are collected fortnightly on alternate weeks - Find your collection day.
- Food waste is collected every week on the same day as recycling or rubbish - More information about food waste recycling.
- Put your bins and sacks out before 7am on collection day.
- You can put your bins and sacks out any time after 6pm the night before collection day.
- Remove your empty bins from the pavement as soon as possible after collection.
- Put your bins and sacks at the edge of your property, clearly visible to the collection crews
- If your road is particularly narrow, please put your bin out as close as possible to the boundary of your property.
- Do not leave bins or sacks on pavements between collections - this can cause obstructions to those with wheelchairs or pushchairs.
To ensure that your recycling and rubbish is collected, please place bins out as shown in the pictures below:
If your road is particularly narrow, please put your bin out as close to your boundary as possible, as illustrated in the pictures below:
- All rubbish (non-recyclable waste) must be presented in an Oxford City Council green bin or lilac sack.
- All rubbish must be inside the green wheelie bin with the lid closed.
- Additional rubbish left outside the green wheelie bin will not be collected.
- Excess recycling that you cannot fit into your Oxford City Council blue bin will be collected only if presented neatly at the side of the blue bin in a clear sack.
- You can use plastic bags to line your food caddy - More information about recycling food.
- Properties with no frontage may be provided clear and lilac sacks instead of bins - More information about using sacks for recycling and rubbish.