About Smart Oxford
Smart Oxford represents a commitment by Oxfordshire partners to develop efficient and effective use of data and technology for the benefit of its citizens, to:
- create joined-up thinking and behaviour across all city services;
- create economic and social prosperity;
- enhance performance, well-being and quality of life;
- reduce costs and resource consumption; and
- engage actively with all its citizens.
Our vision is of a place where innovative ideas, active citizens and stakeholders come together and collaborate openly and inclusively. The challenge is to integrate an ecosystem where the public sector organisations facing challenges work with innovators to develop and deliver novel solutions to those challenges.
The Oxford Smart City Programme was adopted by the Oxford Strategic Partnership in January 2015. More information can be found at www.oxfordsmartcity.uk