Become a trader
- Are you an established trader looking for a fresh and exciting place to sell?
- Are you a young entrepreneur with a brilliant business idea?
- Want to expand your current business?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then you might be just what we're looking for to be added to the strong existing market mix of traders.
Oxford’s world-famous covered market is centred in the heart of the city, home to a large number of specialist independent traders, each selling their own unique variety of goods.
Priority retail categories
- Contemporary catering – Whole foods/health foods, salad bar, sushi bar
- High quality / gourmet food – Delicatessen, vintner, craft beer, sweetshop, artisan baker, spices, oils and farm shop
- Artisan gift producers – Handmade/designer jewellery, gift and home fashion, perfumers
- Traditional and quintessential English offers – Traditional tea shop, knitting wool and haberdashers, stationers, cookware specialist, book shop, crafts and hobbies, ironmonger/forge
The Oxford Covered Market dates back to the 1770’s and always been an attraction for visiting tourists who come from and wide to soak up the buildings history and heritage.
If you are interested in becoming a trader, get in touch and find out how we can help your business.
Please contact Elaine Philip, Markets Manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01865 252358 who will be able to answer your questions.
The Oxford Covered Market is owned and run by Oxford City Council, working in partnership with the Covered Market Traders Association.