We offer a range of services for schools designed to increase participation in school sport and physical activity by helping schools develop a wide range of sporting opportunities. General support is available to all city schools whether primary, secondary or special.
Some of the services we offer include:
Staff training using the industry leading Create Development staff training solutions, resources and Jasmine the digital learning platform. We have two Create Development approved tutors in the team who can provide training across Oxfordshire.
real PE training can be provided for the Whole School (£1795 + VAT) or individual teachers (£495 + VAT per person).
Whole School real Gym is £1395 + VAT
real Play - a parental engagement programme where adults and children learn to play in a positive way is £245 + VAT for two members of school staff.
real Leaders - training and resources for Yr 5/6 staff who will then be able to run a 10 week Leadership programme in your school whenever it fits with your timetable. This course is £245 + VAT per person.
All training comes with a year group relevant resource pack and access to Jasmine.
You may decide that your school would benefit from ALL the above programmes, in which case real Legacy ids the solution for you. Over a two year period you can access all the above training and resources, access to Jasmine plus 4 days of inschool support. The total cost of this package is £7450 + VAT which is split over two years.
Partnership with Create Development
We work in partnership with Creat Development to deliver staff training sessions.
Create Development is redefining what’s possible for PE, Sport and physical activity through a new, positive and inclusive culture.
Their innovative training and resources support schools, families and communities to transform the culture of physical activity. Their unique, inclusive approaches create habits and develop essential behaviours, physical literacy, emotional and thinking skills in all young children.
To find out more visit the Create Development website.
Swimming courses for school staff
We provide National Curriculum Swimming Courses for school staff who wish to be on poolside with their classes as well as Young Aquatic Leaders courses for secondary school students who then officiate at the city school swimming galas.
Outdoor classroom sessions
We offer Outdoor Classroom sessions to schools in venues across the city. These are led by our experienced and knowledgeable Green Spaces Officers and can be arranged on days and times to suit you at venues close to your school. We currently run sessions at Cowley Marsh Park and support Forest School Leaders running sessions at Rock Edge (Headington), Magdalen Woods West (Barton), The Kidneys (East Oxford) and Burgess Field (Jericho)
Benefits of using our services
- Support to access and use the PE, Sport and Health Wheel - an online tool for storing school data, recording progress, identifying developmet needs of staff and children and documenting evidence against the 9 Ofsted PE and Sport Premium criteria.
- More confident staff who are able to deliver more engaging PE lessons in line with National Curriculum requirements
- Increased participation in school sport and improve health and wellbeing in schools
- One-stop-shop for training needs
- Help with promoting links between school sport and the wider community
- Playground and playing field advice on maintenance and improvements
- Delivery of Outdoor classroom sessions at a venue close to school reducing the need for transport
- Help and advice on curriculum development and ways to use Primary Sports Premium funding to deliver impact and sustainability
Please contact us for more information and to book your sessions using the details below.