is a themed reminiscence group for older people. It’s an opportunity to listen to a short presentation and share your stories. Sessions are free, and run from 2pm-3.30pm
- CANCELLED - Memories of Wartime in Oxford - Thursday 2 April - 2-3.30pm - Long Room, Town Hall
- Memories of Hobbies and Crafts - Monday 18 May - 2-3.30pm - Makerspace Room, Central Library, Oxford
Movers and Shakers
A gentle dance and music group led by a dance tutor. Sessions are inspired by the memories and themes from Memory Lane sessions. Sessions are free and take place in Oxford Town Hall from 2pm-3pm
- CANCELLED - Thursday 19 March - 2-3pm - Long Room, Town Hall
- CANCELLED - Thursday 9 April - 2-3pm - Long Room, Town Hall
- Friday 22 May - 2-3pm - Makerspace Room, Central Library, Oxford
Tea and Talk
Ideal for older people who would like to chat over a cup of tea. A great way to find out what else is going on in the museum and all free. On the following dates:
- CANCELLED - Friday 27 March - 2-3.30pm - Long Room, Town Hall
- CANCELLED - Friday 17 April - 2-3.30pm - Long Room, Town Hall
- Friday 15 May - 2-3.30pm - Long Room, Town Hall
Moments and Memories Outreach
The Museum of Oxford’s Moments and Memories Outreach Project is a popular scheme delivering sessions to groups of older people in Oxford city.
We bring a collection of museum objects to sessions to stimulate discussions, encouraging participants to share thoughts, stories or moments.
The sessions last for approximately 1 hour and groups can chose from a range of themes. There is a charge £20 for each session.
For any information on the above, please contact Sarah Levete, Older People’s Engagement Officer on 01865 252795