- Are you aged between 16 and 25?
- Are you looking for something new to do in your spare time?
- Do you want to meet new people?
- Would you like to be a part of an active volunteer group?
- Are you looking to improve your knowledge and skills in Heritage, Events, Social Media, Marketing and more?
If your answer is YES to the above... We need you!
We are the organisers of ‘Damifino!’ and ‘Played in Oxford’ events run for Museums at Night at the Museum of Oxford. We are responsible for programming, planning and running Museums at Night events for the Museum of Oxford.
If you are a responsible person, who likes working with people, and you would like to improve on a variety of skills; this volunteering opportunity would be the perfect match for you.
It is not necessary to have an interest in working in cultural heritage. We are a diverse group with different backgrounds. We want people with imagination, a lot of energy, and are keen on working as part of a group to improve together.
There are lots of benefits to volunteering with us. You will build on your communication skills and learn what is needed to run a successful event. You will improve your research skills and learn how to use social media for marketing. You will have the chance to work within a dynamic group, make new friends and most of all have fun! After your experience with us, you can keep lifetime’s skills and knowledge well honed.
We look forward to hearing from you!
More info about the group
Group usually meets on a Tuesday, Wednesday or a Thursday evening every other week. Meetings usually start at 6pm and run until 7.30pm
- There may be more meetings in the run up to an event and there is often a need to meet in smaller groups outside of these meetings
- Refreshments are provided!
- You can read more about Museums at Night here
- If you would like to have a chat about the group, call David on 01865 252417 or email [email protected]