Volunteering at the Museum of Oxford
Volunteering at the Museum of Oxford is changing. As we embark on transforming the Museum of Oxford, expanding spaces and putting new objects on display, what our volunteers do will be different. Volunteers will have more control by using the Volunteer Makers website for signing up to volunteer opportunities called 'challenges'.
To see the great volunteering opportunities we have available and to get involved immediately, visit our new Volunteer Makers website by clicking this link: http://museumofoxford.volunteermakers.org/
The Museum of Oxford is a pioneer organisation with the exciting Volunteer Makers platform. You can explore this and the exciting opportunities to help the Museum of Oxford by visiting our website here - http://museumofoxford.volunteermakers.org/
Read our newsletter produced by and for the volunteers and Friends of the Museum of Oxford. Follow the link and download the newsletter.
Privacy Notice for Volunteering
How we use your personal details:
- Send you volunteering opportunities related to your interests or direct you to Volunteer Makers to take on these opportunities as ‘challenges’
- Send details of meetings, social events and training
- Consult you about issues relevant to the Museum of Oxford
- Potentially flag up other, relevant opportunities in the sector and within Oxford City Council’s Communities Team
- Share information with you about the Museum of Oxford as well as the Communities Team at Oxford City Council
When we will get in touch:
- This will usually be on a weekly basis.
- Emails will also redirect volunteers to the Volunteer Makers website.
- We will be in contact directly to confirm volunteer opportunities you have signed up for or have shown an interest in
We will not share your data:
- We will not share your data with anyone outside of Oxford City Council for marketing purposes and you will not receive offers from other companies or organisations as a result of giving your details to us.
Changing your communication choices:
- You can opt out of receiving emails from the Museum of Oxford by unsubscribing at any time via the link in the footer of our emails.
What details we ask for and why?
- We ask for minimum information for us to send you relevant information and for us to ensure your safety whilst you are volunteering with us.
- We need to know whether you are over 16 years of age as those under 16 cannot volunteer at the Museum of Oxford.
- We may analyse your personal information, particularly when researching the demographics of those involved with the Museum of Oxford. We will never pass your personal details on to third parties without seeking your consent directly.