The discount types below start on the date the property becomes empty and unfurnished. This date may be prior to the date your liability commences at the property.
Empty and unfurnished property undergoing major works/structural repairs
- 25% discount for up to 12 months, followed by full charge.
Empty and unfurnished property
- 100% discount for one month followed by full charge.
- If a 100% discount has been awarded in respect of an unfurnished and unoccupied property, no further discount may be awarded unless the property is re-occupied for a period of not less than 6 weeks.
Second home discount
- There is no Council Tax discount for second homes.
Additional premium for properties empty for at least 2 years
- Full charge plus 50% premium (total charge 150%).