Information for landlords renting properties to students

It is the student's responsibility to provide evidence of student status.

If you are a landlord and are liable for Council Tax and you wish to claim an exemption or discount, you should tell us the names and moving in dates of all students in the property.

You should also ask the students to provide a Student Certificate which will be issued by their college or university.

Students and landlords should contact us as soon as the students move into the property so they do not lose any entitlement to exemptions or discounts.

You can provide student details by using our online form.

Register Details for a Student Exemption