Before booking a bulky waste collection, please consider re-use alternatives such as donating to charity or passing on to friends and family.
If you have no other way of disposing of your bulky waste, you can arrange a collection from us. Each household is entitled to 2 free collections per year of up to 3 items per visit. Please see a list the items we can collect and please be aware there are some items we cannot collect.
We aim to recycle as much of the bulky waste collected as possible, however if it is not suitable for recycling then it will be disposed of.
To enable bulky items to be collected efficiently they are categorised into three groups:
- Household Bulky Items – e.g. furniture, mattresses, etc.
- White Goods (not including fridge freezers) – e.g. washing machines
- Fridge Freezers and other large electrical items – e.g. televisions
Each group is disposed of at a different site and therefore items cannot be mixed.
If you are planning to dispose of more than one item, check whether your items will be collected together or separately when you make your booking.
To request a collection, please contact us on the details below.
Items left out for collection must be visible and accessible on your property. Collections from unlocked garages or gardens are not permitted.
There are several exceptions:
- For a terraced property, once an appointment has been made the items must be placed out on the pavement the night before.
- For a flat, items will be needed to be brought down to ground level and left next to the bin store. If this is not possible then a site survey may be necessary.
- We do not collect from inside properties. If you are unable to place items out for collection then please get a relative, friend, carer or neighbour to place the items out for you.
Cancelling your collection
Please notify us 24 hours before your collection if you wish to cancel it. All cancellations made after this point will not be valid and the collection will be lost. To cancel a collection, please contact us on the details below.