Giving Notice of an application
To the Council
At least two months before making an application for a licence, you must give us notice in writing (including by electronic means) of your intention to make the application. The notice must identify:
- the zoo's location;
- the types of animals and approximate number of each group kept for exhibition on the premises and the arrangements for their accommodation, maintenance and wellbeing;
- the approximate numbers and categories of staff to be employed in the zoo;
- the approximate number of visitors and motor vehicles for which accommodation is to be provided;
- the approximate number and position of access to be provided to the premises;
- how required conservation measures will be implemented at the zoo.
To the public
At least two months before making the application, you must also publish notice of that intention in one local newspaper and one national newspaper and exhibit a copy of that notice.
The notice must identify the location of the zoo and state that the application notice to us is available to be inspected at Oxford City Council,109-113 St Aldate's, St Aldate's, Oxford OX1 1DS.
We have to have regard to the following when considering an application for a zoo licence:
- Representations made by or on behalf of any of the persons mentioned in s3(2) of the Act.
- Health & Safety of persons living in the neighbourhood of the zoo
- Inspectors' reports
- Conservation measures
- Standards of accommodation, staffing or management for the proper care and wellbeing of the animals