Personal Licences


Personal licences are designed to ensure that anybody running or managing a business that sells or supplies alcohol will do so in a professional fashion.

You will need a Personal Licence:

  • if you are designated as the premises supervisor on a Premises Licence for a premises where alcohol is to be sold (on-sales, off-sales, or restaurant)
  • if you want to sell alcohol under a Premises Licence or authorise others to sell alcohol under a Premises Licence
  • if you want to use more than 5 Temporary Event Notices in each calendar year

Your Personal Licence application will cost £37.00. 

You must have passed a relevant personal licence qualification in order to apply