Benefit / Rent / Council Tax / Non Domestic Rates
For Revenues purposes, the personal information we have collected from you will be used for a number of purposes. These include;
- the assessment or collection of a tax or duty or an imposition of a similar nature;
- the protection of the Council’s property and assets;
- the prevention or detection of tax avoidance and evasion through the Council Tax and Non Domestic Rates schemes;
- utilising the information in risk assessment systems and data-matching initiatives; this may include matching your data against internally held and external data, including credit reference data;
- sharing the information with government bodies and fraud prevention agencies who will use it to prevent fraud and money-laundering and to verify your identity;
- for the prevention or detection of crime.
Credit reference data is not used for the administration of Housing Benefit.