Our Culture Fund awards grants of £500-1000. It is designed to enable cultural organisations and individual practitioners to enhance Oxford's cultural offer and leverage in additional funding from other sources. Applications will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Strength of contribution to Cultural Strategy Objectives
- Amount of income from other sources that the Culture Fund grant would enable the applicant to secure
- Evidence of quality of proposed project, including innovation or development in cultural/artistic practice
- Evidence of support from Cultural Sector
To be eligible, the project must:
- Benefit people in Oxford through cultural activity or development
- Seek no more than 50% of its income from the Culture Fund
- Receive its other income by 12 March 2019
- Not be seeking funding retrospectively
Please note that the same project will not be funded if funding has been received from other Oxford City Council sources.
Culture Fund rounds in 2018/19
Round 1 (for projects taking place between 1 April 2018 - 31 March 2019)
Wednesday 7 February 2018: Culture Fund opens for applications.
Wednesday 7 March 2018, 12 noon: Deadline for applications.
Applicants will be informed of decisions by Friday 23 March 2018.
Round 2 (for projects taking place between 1 September 2018 and 31 March 2019)
Wednesday 6 June 2018: Culture Fund opens for applications.
Wednesday 4 July 2017, 12 noon: Deadline for applications.
Applicants will be informed of decisions by Friday 20 July 2018.
Round 3 (for projects taking place between 1 December 2018 and 31 March 2019)
Wednesday 19 September 2018: Culture Fund opens for applications.
Wednesday 17 October 2018: Deadline for applications.
Applicants will be informed of decisions by Friday 2 November 2018.
How to apply
Funding Logo Guidelines
If you receive funding from us, visit our Funding Logo Guidelines page for information on how to use our logo to acknowledge this support publicly.
Other Sources of Funding
We offer a range of other community grants funds. For criteria and deadlines, visit our Grants page.
Oxfordshire Community Foundation has a variety of grant programmes available to community and voluntary groups. For details, visit the Oxfordshire Community Foundation website.
Arts Council England collate a really useful list of other sources of funding for arts and cultural projects on the Arts Council England website.