Our Culture Fund awards grants of £500-1000. It is designed to enable cultural organisations and individual practitioners to enhance Oxford's cultural offer and leverage in additional funding from other sources. Applications will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Strength of contribution to Cultural Strategy Objectives
- Amount of income from other sources that the Culture Fund grant would enable the applicant to secure
- Evidence of quality of proposed project, including innovation or development in cultural/artistic practice
- Evidence of support from Cultural Sector
To be eligible, the project must:
- Benefit people in Oxford through cultural activity or development
- Seek no more than 50% of its income from the Culture Fund
- Receive its other income by 12 March 2018
- Not be seeking funding retrospectively
The Culture Fund rounds in 2017/18 are:
Round 1 (for projects taking place between 1 April 2017 - 31 March 2018)
- Wednesday 8 February 2017: Culture Fund opens for applications.
- Wednesday 8 March 2017, 12 noon: Deadline for applications.
- Applicants will be informed of decisions by Friday 24 March.
Round 2 (for projects taking place between 1 September 2017 and 31 March 2018)
- Wednesday 7 June 2017: Culture Fund opens for applications.
- Wednesday5 July 2017, 12 noon: Deadline for applications.
- Applicants will be informed of decisions by Friday 22 July 2017.
Round 3 (for projects taking place between 1 December 2017 and 31 March 2018)
- Wednesday 20 September 2017: Culture Fund opens for applications.
- Wednesday 18 October 2017: Deadline for applications.
- Applicants will be informed of decisions by Friday 3 November 2017.
How to apply
- Culture Fund Guidance Notes (PDF)
- Culture Fund Application Form 2017-18 Round 1 (Word Doc)
- Culture Fund Application Form 2017-18 Round 1 (PDF)
Funding Logo Guidelines
If you receive funding from us, visit our Funding Logo Guidelines page for information on how to use our logo to acknowledge this support publicly.
Other Sources of Funding
We offer a range of other community grants funds. For criteria and deadlines, visit our Grants page.
Oxfordshire Community Foundation has a variety of grant programmes available to community and voluntary groups. For details, visit the Oxfordshire Community Foundation website.
Arts Council England collate a really useful list of other sources of funding for arts and cultural projects on the Arts Council England website.