If you can't afford to buy your first home, Help to Buy can assist.
You may be a first-time buyer who has been priced out of where you want to live, or be unable to raise the necessary deposit to buy a property outright.
Help to Buy is a Government initiative that provides a 'one-stop shop' service to assist eligible individuals and families find affordable housing. The initiative provides information on a range of schemes that are available to people who may not be able to buy a home on the open market.
Help to Buy includes the following schemes:
- Buy 25%-75% share
- Rent remaining share
- Only need a deposit on the share you buy
- Alternative to renting or buying
- You can increase the share you own in stages
- Help towards buying a new build property
- 5% deposit needed
- 20% equity loan provided by the government
Rent to Buy
- Also known as discounted rent
- New and re-let homes available
- Around 20% cheaper than market rent
- Enables you to save towards a deposit to purchase through Help to Buy in the future
Please note that schemes are known to change - please see the Help to Buy website below for up to date information.
Visit the Help To Buy website for full details on what Help to Buy can offer you.
You will also need to register for Help to Buy schemes with us by completing a General Register Housing Application form and requesting to be included on the "Shared Ownership List".