Affordable Housing Register

We have a partnership with Housing Associations so that most social rented houses in Oxford are let through one single housing register.

We use a banding scheme to prioritise our offers of housing to those with the greatest need first. Read more information about our scheme below;

Housing Register Allocations Scheme

How to apply

Contact our Housing Needs Team to get an application form using the contact details at the bottom of the page.  

Alternatively, contact one of the other Housing Associations with property in Oxford.

As part of your application you will need to show some original documents as evidence, for example passport or birth certificate.

All information will be treated as confidential, although information may be shared if we need to check against fraud or follow up information about your housing needs.

We will take action against anyone found to have been fraudulently applying for accommodation or not giving full details of their circumstances.

If you are already a tenant  

You can obtain a transfer form from your landlord's local office.

Any existing Council or partner housing association tenant living in Oxford City can apply. However your application is only likely to be approved if:

  • You do not have a current court order against your for rent arrears or anti-social behaviour.
  • You are living in your property as your main home.

If you want to move because of problems with anti-social behaviour, problems with repairs or because you need your property to be adapted, a transfer may not be the best option and you should speak to your own landlord for advice.