Housing for Older People


On this page you can find information about the main types of specialist housing for rent for older people.

There is also sheltered housing available to buy. You can contact local estate agents about available schemes. The Elderly Accommodation Counsel website also has a list of properties which are available to buy in the area.

We also produce an accommodation guide for Older People

Apply for Housing

To apply for housing designated for elderly people, sheltered housing or extra care sheltered housing you need to complete an application form for the Oxford Register for Affordable Housing.

Please see the Housing Register page for more information.