Apply for an exemption to council home maintenance

We have a Repairs Exemption Policy to provide help for tenants who are unable to maintain their home. We can assist them with:

  • Decorating
  • Internal carpentry (excluding bath panels)
  • Wall Tiling


To qualify, you have to be:

  • 65 years old or over; OR
  • In receipt of Disability Living Allowance (Higher Rate Mobility); OR
  • In receipt of Personal Independence Payment (Higher Rate Mobility)

How to apply 

Fill in our online application form or download an application form and send it back to us including your proof of age, Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment.

Apply for an exemption

What action we will take

Once we have assessed your application we will write to you stating if you have been successful or not.