If you are struggling to manage your tenancy, the Tenancy Sustainment Team may be able to help. We provide assistance to permanent Council house tenants.
How to request our help
Use our referrals forms to make contact with our team. Once a referral has been received we aim to acknowledge it within 3 working days. A Tenancy Sustainment Officer will contact you within 5 working days to arrange to meet and discuss how we can help.
If you would like support for yourself, a friend or a relative please use this self-referral form to contact us:
If you are an organisation working with a tenant and would like to make a referral, please use this form
How we can help
- Help in a crisis when your personal circumstances change which affect your housing or your ability to remain in your home
- Support on how to access specialist services and other organisations including help with substance misuse and mental health issues
- Help and support to adhere to the tenancy agreement and early intervention to prevent eviction
- Support for new tenants - who have never had a tenancy before
- Help with debt, benefit claims and changes to the welfare and benefits system
- Support with improving and maintaining the condition of the property
- Assistance with moving to a new home either through home swapper or through a transfer - this includes moving through our downsizing scheme and also help applying for sheltered accommodation.
However there are a few limits to what we can do. We don't:
- Help with personal care, shopping, cooking and cleaning
- Provide a befriending or counselling services
- Provide legal advice or assistance.
Apply for help with your council garden
Our Summer Garden Scheme entitles some of our housing tenants to a maximum of one hour's work once a month to cut lawns, prune and cut hedges and borders.
Visit our Help with your council garden page for deatils and to apply.