Report a flooding problem

If there is a risk to life or a risk of serious property/environmental damage contact 999 - Oxfordshire Fire & Rescue Service.

Reporting flooding problems

Environment Agency Floodline

Call the Environment Agency on 0345 988 1188 to report a flood or if your property is at risk of flooding from a reservoir or river.

Thames Water

Call Thames Water on 0800 316 9800 if flooding is from sewers or burst water mains.

Oxford City Council services

Contact Oxford City Council if your local area, household/business or vulnerable neighbours need urgent support with flood defences, welfare checks or evacuation.

By phone: 01865 249811 (option 5). If your flooding report is between the hours of 5pm and 8am, or during the weekend or public holidays, please telephone 01865 249811 (Option 1) for our out of hours service.

Or online:

Report a flooding problem online

Oxford City Council has no statutory duty to provide sandbags and will only respond to requests for them in extreme emergencies in specific locations. For information on defending your property against flooding See our Preparing for floods and protecting your property page.

Flood alerts

More information

Visit our Preparing for floods and protecting your property page for more information on flooding.