We have installed new bike parking facilities at Seacourt and Redbridge Park and Ride sites to help commuters keep fit by cycling the last leg of their journey and reduce carbon emissions. We've installed 70 cycle parking spaces at Redbridge Park and Ride and 40 spaces at Seacourt Park and Ride.
Drive your car to the Park & Ride and take your bike to your final destination or; take your bike to the Park & Ride, park it and jump on the bus.
- Get your daily exercise as part of your commute to work
- Cycling reduces stress and improves your fitness
- Cycling gets you door to door
- Cycling lets you jump the traffic queues
- Be on your own timetable.
A range of bike parking has been installed at the two sites including:
- Streetpods, which are police-approved racks that allow the bike frame and both wheels to be secured with a single lock
- Car bike ports, which have a car-shaped frame
- Green-roofed cycle shelters, which have sedum and wild flowers roofs to help pollinating insects and hold water.
Park and Pedal Leaflet (PDF)