Oxford has a fortnightly collection service of recycling and waste: one week your recycling is collected and then the following week your waste is collected. Food recycling is collected every week.
We provide all households with green wheelie bins or lilac sacks; blue recycling bins, sacks or boxes; and food waste caddies. We also offer a subscription garden waste service.
- Bins should not be put out any earlier than 6pm on the evening before your collection.
- Bins should be put at the edge of your property for collection.
- Bins should not be stored on the pavement as they can cause an obstruction.
- Refuse waste in the green wheelie bins must fit with the lid closed.
- There should be no bags of refuse left outside or on top of your green bin for collection; excess waste WILL NOT be collected.
- Excess recycling will be collected if put neatly at the side of the blue bin in recycling containers, clear sacks or a cardboard box.
- Food caddies can be lined with newspaper or compostable corn starch liners and are collected weekly; please DO NOT use plastic bags.
Win Prizes In Our Monthly Competition
Win a prize worth up to £60 just by recycling - all you need to do is pledge to recycle as much as you can in our competition, the Blue Bin Recycling League!