The following items can and can't be recycled in the brown garden recycling bin or in the eco sacks.
- Branches no more than 5cm/2 inches diameter
- Garden prunings
- Garden waste
- Grass cuttings
- Hedge trimmings
- Leaves, plants and weeds
- Small shrubs
- Cartons of any kind
- Compostable packaging (please use green rubbish bin)
- Flower pots
- Food waste
- Glass of any kind
- Metal foil or cans of any kind
- Paper, card or cardboard
- Pet waste - unless herbivorous (plant-eating) animals
- Plastic of any kind
- Soil or rubble
- Vegware compostable packaging (please use green rubbish bin)
Alternative ways to recycle garden waste
- Compost your garden waste - purchase discounted compost bins via Get Composting
- Take to your nearest Household Waste Recycling Centre (tip) such as Redbridge
- If your neighbour already has a brown bin, ask them if you can share it if they have the space.
For a comprehensive list of what can and can't be recycled, and how, in Oxford please visit our recycling A-Z.