The Headington Neighbourhood Forum has prepared a Neighbourhood Plan for the Headington Neighbourhood Area. This document was adopted by the Council on 20 July 2017, and has given local residents the opportunity to create planning and community policies that give locals more control of how their community grows and develops over the coming years.
The Headington Neighbourhood Plan was successful at the Headington Referendum, which took place on 4th May 2017, with approximately 85% of voters approving the plan.
Headington Neighbourhood Forum Re-designation Public Consultation
The Headington Neighbourhood Area and Forum was approved by Oxford City Council on the 10th September 2014. The Forum as a ‘qualifying body’ lasts for 5 years and ceased on 10 September 2019. A public consultation for the re-designation of the Forum and its Area is now subject to an application which will now take place for the statutory 6 week period from 16 December 2019 to 27 January 2020.
The application documents are as follows:
- Headington Neighbourhood Plan Forum Application (includes the Headington Neighbourhood Forum constitution and a map showing the Neighbourhood Area)
The application documents are also available to view during opening hours at:
- Headington Library, Bury Knowle House, North Place, Headington, OX3 9HY;
- Oxford City Council
Comments: should be sent by email to [email protected]
Headington Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents
Headington Neighbourhood Plan and the supporting documents were available at Headington Library and at Oxford City Council's main offices in St Aldate's during the consultation period.
- Headington Neighbourhood Plan 2017-2032 - This is the final version of the Headington Neighbourhood plan.
- Headington Neighbourhood Area - This is the map outlining the area within which the Neighbourhood Plan will take effect.
- Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitat Regulations Assessment Screening Statement - This statement outlines why a Strategic Environmental Assessment was not required as part of the Headington Neighbourhood Plan.
- Basic Conditions Statement - This statement outlines the ways in which the Headington Neighbourhood Plan is complient with basic conditions of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
- Consultation Statement- This is a report outlining how the consultation was undertaken and the data it yielded.
Visit our Neighbourhood Planning Guidance page for information about the process.
Visit our Headington Neighbourhood Plan Examination page for information about the Examination.