Out of hours noise problems
Changes to the Out of Hours Noise Service
With the easing of Covid-19 restrictions, changes to the service will begin on Friday, 10th July 2020. The new service will be available on Friday and Saturday nights from 10:00 pm to 01:00 am. To call the service phone 01865 248811.
Officers will only be responding to commercial noise and alarms.
For all other noise complaints such as people noise, music, parties, dogs barking, noise from industrial premises, please download The Noise App from your Apple and Android app store on your smartphone or tablet. This app is free to all residents and your noise recording is sent directly to the City Council to investigate during office hours.
The Council does not investigate the following:
- Shouting or arguing in the street (Thames Valley Police by dialling 101)
- Fireworks (Thames Valley Police by dialling 101)
- Vehicle noise, such as faulty/modified vehicles, noisy exhausts or car horns (Thames Valley Police by dialling 101)
- Air traffic noise - non-military (Civil Aviation Authority)
- Pelican crossings (Oxfordshire County Council)
If you do not have a smart phone, you can report noise issues using the following:
- phone the Council during office times 01865 249811
- email [email protected] describing the noise nuisance