Out of hours noise problems
Out of Hours Noise Service
Please be aware that Oxford City Council no longer provides an out of hours weekend noise service and will not attend night time noise complaints. You can report incidents of nuisance noise online via our report it form or email email@example.com. If you are reporting disorder in the street, drunken or rowdy behaviour this should be reported through to Thames Valley Police.
For all other noise complaints such as people noise, music, parties, dogs barking, noise from industrial premises, please download The Noise App from the Apple or Android app store on your smartphone or tablet. This app is free to all residents and your noise recording is sent directly to the City Council to investigate during office hours.
The Council does not investigate the following:
- Shouting or arguing in the street (Thames Valley Police by dialling 101)
- Fireworks (Thames Valley Police by dialling 101)
- Vehicle noise, such as faulty/modified vehicles, noisy exhausts or car horns (Thames Valley Police by dialling 101)
- Air traffic noise - non-military (Civil Aviation Authority)
- Pelican crossings (Oxfordshire County Council)
If you do not have a smart phone, you can report noise issues using the following:
- phone the Council during office times 01865 249811
- email firstname.lastname@example.org describing the noise nuisance