Report a Noise Problem

Out of hours noise problems

Out of Hours Noise Service

The Out of Hours Noise service is currently operating on Friday and Saturday nights from 9pm. to 1am. To call the service phone 01865 249811.

PLEASE NOTE: For the Christmas period (2020) our Out of Hours Noise Service will be unavailable during the following days/times:

  • Christmas Day (25th)
  • Boxing Day (26th)
  • New Years Day (1st Jan 2021)
  • 2nd January 2021 - Duty Officers on from 22:00pm to 02:00am

Officers will respond to noise complaints during that time, such as:

  • Loud parties
  • Loud music
  • Car alarms and building alarms
  • Commercial noise, such as construction work, generators etc
  • College Balls

For all other noise complaints such as people noise, music, parties, dogs barking, noise from industrial premises, please download The Noise App from your Apple and Android app store on your smartphone or tablet. This app is free to all residents and your noise recording is sent directly to the City Council to investigate during office hours. 

The Council does not investigate the following:

  • Shouting or arguing in the street (Thames Valley Police by dialling 101)
  • Fireworks (Thames Valley Police by dialling 101)
  • Vehicle noise, such as faulty/modified vehicles, noisy exhausts or car horns (Thames Valley Police by dialling 101)
  • Air traffic noise - non-military (Civil Aviation Authority)
  • Pelican crossings (Oxfordshire County Council)

If you do not have a smart phone, you can report noise issues using the following:

  • phone the Council during office times 01865 249811
  • email [email protected] describing the noise nuisance