Applying for consent
There are two types of consent that can be applied for:
- Static consents - Permits free printed matter to be distributed from a static display outside a premise. A single consent will allow a premise to distribute from multiple displays at one site. There is no limit on the number of displays that can be used at the site.
- Non-static consents - Permit distributors to hand out free printed matter in person. Each consent badge permits a single person to distribute free printed matter at a time.
- Static (1 year) - £200
- Non-static (1 month) - £100
- Non-static (1 year) - £400
- Replacement badge - £25 each
Making an application
You can apply for a consent and order badges by completing an application form and sending it to us with your payment or proof of payment:
Static Consent Application Form
Non-static Consent Application Form
Payments can be made by cheque made out to Oxford City Council or by card. Card payments can be taken over the phone by calling us. If you pay over the phone then a copy of the receipt must accompany the application form to verify payment.
Please note that any applications received without payment will not be processed.
Each consent will have a number of conditions attached which the applicant will need to sign up to before receiving their consent.
Failure to comply with any of these conditions will result in the revocation of the consent and any associated badges plus the disqualification from applying for a new consent for a period of 1 year.
Static Consent Conditions
We will enforce the consent conditions. Any contraventions may result in individual badges being revoked; full consents and any associated badges being revoked and or a ban from applying for further consents for a period of 1 year. We also have the power to seize any printed matter being distributed without a consent.