You can make payments to us in a number of ways and at a variety of locations as set out below.
If you are a business or organisation with a query about receiving a payment, please contact us on 01865 252851.
Many payments can be made through this website on our Payments page.
By direct debit
You can make the following payments by Direct Debit - it's the easiest way to pay:
- Council Tax
- Council housing rent
- Garden waste collection service
- Business Rates
- Council garage rent
- Commercial Recycling and Waste Collections
- Leaseholder Charges
To set up a Direct Debit for commercial recycling or leaseholder charges, fill in our Direct Debit Form (PDF) and post it back to us by Freepost.
You will need to have your customer account number and bank details to hand.
You can pay by debit card using our automated telephone payment service number at the foot of this page. Have your debit card and bill details ready when using this service
Send payments to the address at the foot of this page
- Please do not send cash by post.
- Make cheques payable to 'Oxford City Council' and write your invoice number/s on the back of the cheque.
- If you require a receipt please include a stamped address envelope
- Post dated cheques will not be accepted
If paying by BACS please ensure that you use a valid reference when you send us your payment. References are usually included on the letters we send to you.
Without a reference, we will not be able to allocate your payment and you may be asked to pay again.
Below are some examples of how the references look, so you can find them on your letters. If you have a question about the reference you need to use, please contact the relevant department for help.
Service Example Reference Planning YY/00000/REF (FUL, PAC, NMA, CAT etc.) Building Control YY/000000/REF (OALFP, DOMRG, DOMFP etc.) HMO Licencing YY/000000/REF (HMOAL etc) Taxi Licencing YY/00000/REF (HPD etc.) Rents 10-digit number beginning "9" Council Tax 9-digit number beginning "6" Invoice Payment 8 or 9-digit number beginning 51, 57 or 36 Parking fine Reference beginning "OC00" Housing Benefit Overpayment Reference starts with a "2" Business Rates 9-digit number beginning "7"
Once you know your reference, please transfer funds to the following account.
Bank Sort Code: 20-71-29
Name of Bank: Barclays Bank PLC (Reading)
Name of Account: Oxford City Council
Bank Account Number: 30750662
For payments to our UK bank account from overseas (Non UK) bank accounts, our details are as follows:
- Our IBAN is GB73 BARC 2071 2930 7506 62
- Our bank's SWIFT code is BARCGB22
Please send confirmation of your payment to [email protected], with a brief note explaining the amount paid and why you are paying it (remittance advice).
At post offices
- You can pay at any Post Office using the barcode on the front of your invoice.
- More than one receipt will be given for the transaction if the value is £1000 or more
- Please allow 7 - 10 days for your payment to reach us
- You can pay with cash at any PayPoint using the barcode on the front of your invoice.
- More than one receipt will be given for the transaction if the value is £250 or more.
- Please allow 7 - 10 days for your payment to reach us.
Visit the PayPoint website and use your postcode to search for your nearest PayPoint outlet.
Please note: Payments must be made immediately