Small and Medium Grants: how to apply
Small and Medium Grants offer funding of up to £5,000. Round 1 for 2023/24 grants is now closed. Details for the next round of applications are in the table below:
|Grant round||Minimum amount available||Online application form available||
closes 11:59pm on
|Round 2||£44,000||29 March 2023||18 April 2023||16 June 2023|
|Round 3||£16,000||14 July 2023||12 September 2023||17 November 2023|
Who can apply
Not-for-profit organisations can apply for up to £5,000 per Medium Grant and £1,000 per Small Grant.
Individuals can apply for up to £1,000 per Small Grant and cannot apply for Medium Grants. Individuals are also required to provide match funding (pound for pound of their funding request) to support their application. This could be through ticket sales, donations or other funding streams. You can apply even if this match funding is not secured, however we will not release funds until we have evidence of the match.
Read more about who we can fund here. All applicants will need to confirm how they meet the scoring criteria.
What we are looking to achieve
We are looking for this grant programme to help deliver the following key interconnected priorities, in line with the Council's Strategy:
- Support thriving communities
- Enable an inclusive economy
- Pursue a zero carbon Oxford
- Deliver more, affordable housing
We understand that you may feel that some of these priorities may not directly apply to you. However we are looking to encourage all of our grant applicants to think about the wider impacts of their work, even if it's in small and modest ways.
How to make an application
Information about how to strengthen your application is available to read in advance and you can also attend a briefing session (see below for details).
- Apply using the online application form (you will need to create a Time to Spare account, if you don't already have one)
- Deadline for Round 2: 11:59pm on Tuesday 18 April 2023
- Documents that you can download to support your application are available here and below:
- Question 24 – partner spreadsheet
- Question 26 – budget template (you can use your own budget template if you prefer, however you must include the key information covered in our template)
- Word version of the full application form, so you can prepare your answers before using the online form (please note we can only accept applications via the online system)
Round 2 application form
We will be holding optional briefing sessions to go through the application form and answer any questions you may have. All sessions will be the same so there's no need to attend more than one. These are on the following dates and times, and you can register via the links below:
- Thursday 13 July 2023, 1300-1400hrs (link to follow in due course)
- Wednesday 19 July 2023, 1300-1400hrs (link to follow in due course)