The #WeAreOxford grants programme will fund organisations to deliver activities and events that bring people together from different backgrounds to build long-lasting friendships.
Amount you can apply for: £500 - £5,000
Activities and events funded: social, cultural, community, educational, sporting
Open to applications: 10 February 2020 to 9 March 2020
All applicant organisations must have a bank account
Applications are now open. Download our #WeAreOxford Grants applications form.
What we are trying to achieve
- Bring people together from different backgrounds so they can spend time together and build long-lasting friendships.
- Encourage community organisations to set up activities and events that enhance community cohesion and integration.
- Encourage organisations which represent different groups to work in partnership with each other
- Reduce hate-crime
What we are looking for
- Activities and events that bring people from different backgrounds who have not met before together
- Activities and events can be social, cultural, educational, sporting. Contact us if you have an idea for an event and are not sure if it meets the criteria
- We prefer applications where groups or organisations are working in partnership with each other
- We will prioritise areas of the City with the highest levels of diversity. These are Littlemore, Wood Farm, Cutteslowe, Leys
- We will fund one-off events but preference will be given to activities that take place on an on-going basis
Who can apply
All organisations must have a bank account.
The types of organisations we will fund include:
- Community organisations
- Voluntary groups
- Not for profit organisations
- Schools and educational institutions
- Sports clubs
What to expect
Applications will open on 10 February 2020 and close on 9 March 2020.
The application process is competitive. Our team will review applications on 10 March 2020, before making recommendations to the Head of Service to agree.
We hope to notify groups if they are successful or not on 17 March. Payments will be made to successful groups on 27 March 2020.