Council Tax Single Person Discount

Council Tax is based on two adults living in a property. Where there are less than two adults who have their main home at a property, then a discount can be given.

If a property is occupied by one adult, there is a 25% Single Person Discount available.

You can apply for a Single Person Discount by filling in the online form.  You can also use this form to stop your single person discount when someone else moves into your home. 

Apply for a Single Person Discount

Discounts for People Not Counted for Council Tax Purposes

In addition, there are certain groups of people who we do not count for Council Tax purposes when counting the number of adults in the household. These groups are known as 'disregarded persons'.

If there is an adult from one of these groups living in your property, they may not be counted for Council Tax purposes and you may be entitled to a discount.