Our Events team manages and co-ordinates all events held on our land and all major events on non-City Council land such as on the public highway. Find out how to Apply to hold an event on our land.
Below is the Events Calendar for events taking place on Oxford City Council land:
- Saturday 3 November, Oxford Round Table Fireworks 2018, South Park, 4:30 to 9pm. Annual fireworks display and bonfire, with the JACKfm music stage, event catering area, family tent, public bar and funfair.
- Saturday 3 November, Disco Soup, Bonn Square, 12 to 3pm. A free community cook up and feast with live music and recorded music, to spread awareness of how much food waste there is and to share awareness of the charities redistributing this waste.
- Thursday 8 November, Riverford Organic Farmers - Veg Box Promotion, Bonn Square, 9 am to 5 pm. Riverford staff members will talk to members of the public about their organic veg box delivery service.
- Sunday 11 November, Remembrance Sunday Service and Parade, St Giles War Memorial, 10.30am to 12pm. Annual remembrance of the fallen in past wars.
- Wednesday 14 November, Schools Cross Country, Shotover Country Park, 2:15pm to 4pm. Our Sport and Physical Activity Team & Magdalen College School are organising a cross country event open to all secondary schools.
- Friday 16 to Sunday 18 November, Oxford's Christmas Light Festival, various locations across the city centre. Explore free cultural events, activities, performances and art installations. The annual lantern parade through Oxford's historic streets will launch the event on Friday evening.
- Tuesday 20 to Saturday 24 August, Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity Promotion, Bonn Square, 9 am to 5 pm. Raising awareness of the charity.
More to follow...
Event Comments, Compliments and Complaints
Please use our online form to Make a comment, compliment or complaint about an event in the city.
Grants for Community Events
Visit our Community Grants page to find put about applying for grants for community events.