Our Events team manages and co-ordinates all events held on our land and all major events on non-City Council land such as on the public highway. Find out how to Apply to hold an event on our land.
Below is the Events Calendar for events taking place on Oxford City Council land:
May & June 2017
- Friday 26 – Monday 29 May, Hebborn’s Fun Fair, Blackbird Leys Park, 1 to 10 pm. Family Fun Fair including games, rides & entertainment. www.hebbornamusements.co.uk
- Saturday 27 May, Bonn Week Bürgerfest, Broad Street, 12 to 4 pm. Celebration of 70 years of friendship between the twin cities Oxford and Bonn with performances, food & drink and family activities. https://www.oxford.gov.uk/bonnweek2017
- Sunday 27 May, The Oxford Singers busk for Cancer Research UK, Bonn Square, 10 am to 5 pm. Acapella singing and charity collection. www.oxfordsingers.org
- Saturday 27 May, Saturday Series Orienteering Event, Cutteslowe Park, 10 am to 2 pm. Small scale orienteering event by the Thames Valley Orienteering Club specifically aimed to attract newcomers to the sport. http://www.tvoc.org.uk/index.php
- Saturday 27 & Sunday 28 May, Common People Festival, South Park, 10 am to 11 pm. Common People is back in South Park with a great line-up and the best from the local music scene. www.oxford.commonpeople.net
- Wednesday 31 May, World No Tobacco Day, Bonn Square, 10 am to 4 pm. World No Tobacco Day is a global Stop Smoking Campaign to encourage those who consume tobacco in any form, to refrain from doing so for at least 24 hours. http://www.solutions4health.co.uk/
- Wednesday 31 May, Wild Park & Gardens, Hinksey Park, 11 am to 3 pm. Find out what you can do for local wildlife conservation. www.bbowt.org.uk
- Saturday 3 June, Oxford Pride, city centre, from 12 pm. Celebration of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer life in Oxfordshire! Parade from Catte Street to the main event at Oxford Castle Quarter and street party on Paradise Street. www.oxford-pride.org.uk
- Saturday 3 June & Sunday 4 June, Headington Festival & Sports Day, Bury Knowle Park, 1 to 5 pm. Annual community event with activities for the whole family, including a funfair. www.headingtonaction.org
- Saturday 3 & Sunday 4 June, West End Fayre, Middle Fisher Row, 10 am to 7 pm. Two day outdoor food & drink fayre promoting local businesses.
- Sunday 4 June, Oxford City Cricket Mela, Cowley Marsh, 10.30 am to 9 pm. A free community cricket themed day promoting cricketing opportunities in the city. www.oxford.gov.uk / www.oxfordshire.cricket.co.uk
- Saturday 10 June, Oxford's Big Green Day Out, Broad Street, 10 am to 6 pm. Free and public launch event of the Oxford Green Week with lots of creative and environmental-friendly activities. www.oxfordgreenweek.org
- Saturday 10 & Sunday 11 June, Free Flight Model Flying Rallies, Port Meadow, 10 am to 6 pm. Free Flight model flying competitions organised by the Oxford Model Flying Club. www.oxfordmodelflyingclub.org.uk
- Saturday 10 June, Soulful House Hugs, Bonn Square, 1 to 4 pm. Live DJ performance with music, dance and HUGS for the public. www.inspirationalsoulfulhouse.com
- Sunday 11 June, Great Global Greyhound Walk, Cutteslowe Park, 10 to 11.30 am. Anual on-lead dog-walking event that brings together retired and rescued greyhounds, lurchers, other sighthounds and their owners, to raise awareness and show members of the public just what wonderful pets greyhounds make. www.greatglobalgreyhoundwalk.co.uk
Event Comments, Compliments and Complaints
Please use our online form to Make a comment, compliment or complaint about an event in the city.
Grants for Community Events
Visit our Community Grants page to find put about applying for grants for community events.