Our Events team manages and co-ordinates all events held on our land and all major events on non-City Council land such as on the public highway. Find out how to Apply to hold an event on our land.
Below is the Events Calendar for events taking place on Oxford City Council land:
- Wednesday 2 May to Friday 4 May, Riverford Organic Farmers - Veg Box Promotion, Bonn Square, 9am to 5pm. Riverford staff member will talk to member of the public about our organic veg box delivery service.
- Thursday 3 May, Jewish Cultural Fair, Broad Street (bollarded end), 12 to 5pm. Annual outdoor fair that celebrates the rich diversity of Jewish culture in Oxford through food, books, art, music, history exhibition and other activities for all ages.
- Saturday 5 & Monday 28 May, Walk the Thames 2018 Fundraising Event, Bonn Square, 9am to 4.30pm. Over the course of six days, seven firefighters from Burford Fire Station, Oxfordshire Fire & Rescue service will be walking the length of the Thames Path for 186 miles.
- Monday 7 & 21 May, Sri Chinmoy Races, Cutteslowe Park, 7 to 7.30pm. Annual 3 mile running race around Peace Mile at Cutteslowe Park.
- Saturday 12 May, MOSAIC – Indonesian Cultural Exhibition, Bonn Square, 11am to 6pm. Event with lots of hands on experience for visitors related to Indonesia’s diverse and rich culture like batik making, wayang making, dance workshop, gamelan. There will also be Indonesian dance, food and more.
- Sunday 13 May, Town & Gown, city centre, 10am to 12pm. Annual 10k charity road race around the city centre. The race village will be located at University Parks.
- Sunday 13 May, British Heart Foundation London to Oxford Trek, finishing at Oxpens Rec. 100km trek, where walkers raise money for the British Heart Foundation.
- Wednesday 16 May, Human Library, Bonn Square, 4 to 6pm. Part of the Think Human Festival with the theme of revolution. Leading academics from the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences at Oxford Brookes University will act as human 'books’ which visitors of all ages will be able to ‘loan’ and engage with, around an aspect of revolution.
- Friday 18 & Saturday 19 May, Stand for Freedom, Bonn Square, 3 to 9pm (Fri) & 9am to 3pm (Sat). Annual event to raise awareness of Modern Day Slavery.
- Sunday 20 May, Bike Oxford, route across Oxfordshire & the city, 7.30am to 5pm. A day of marked cycle rides of 25, 50 and 80 miles starting and finishing at Oxford University Rugby Club on Iffley Road.
- Wednesday 23 May, Wolvercote WW1 Aerodrome Memorial Unveiling, Port Meadow, 2 to 2.30pm. Outdoor ceremony to unveil a new memorial, to 17 airmen killed in flying training accidents there during WW1 associated with its role as a pilot training aerodrome. A WW1 rebuilt biplane will be present.
- Saturday 26 & Sunday 27 May, Common People Festival 2018, South Park, 10am to 11pm. It’s the third year of Common People in Oxford – a two-day festival created for everyone who wants to listen to music, have fun, eat great food, drink great drinks and play.
- Saturday 26 May, Oxford Singers Fundraising Event, Bonn Square, 11am to 4pm. The Oxford Singers are raising money for the charity Rainbow Trust with their cappella singing.
More to follow...
Event Comments, Compliments and Complaints
Please use our online form to Make a comment, compliment or complaint about an event in the city.
Grants for Community Events
Visit our Community Grants page to find put about applying for grants for community events.