Our Events team manages and co-ordinates all events held on our land and all major events on non-City Council land such as on the public highway. Find out how to Apply to hold an event on our land.
Below is the Events Calendar for events taking place on Oxford City Council land:
May & June 2019
- Until 4 September, High Fly Trapeze, Florence Park. Flying Trapeze School offering lessons for beginners.
- Saturday 4 May to Friday 10 April, Art in the Park, Headington Hill Park. Art installations in the park as part of celebrating 30 years of Oxford-Grenoble Twinning and the Oxford City Council’s GROW Project 2019.
- Sunday 12 May, Town & Gown, city centre starting at University Parks. Annual 10k run organised by Muscular Dystrophy UK.
- Wednesday 15 to Sunday 19 May, Fudge Bus, Bonn Square. The Great British Fudge Company will be once again selling their fudge on Bonn Square.
- Sunday 19 May, RAG Bungee Jump, Gloucester Green. Charity Bungee Jump organised by Oxford University Student Union.
- Sunday 19 May, Bike Oxford, starting and finishing at Oxford University Rugby and Football Club, 6.30am to 6pm. Annual cycling event with 25 mile, 50 mile and 80 mile route.
- Thursday 23 May, Jewish Cultural Fair, Broad Street. Street fair to celebrate Jewish Culture in Oxford.
- Friday 24 & Saturday 25 May, Stand for Freedom, Bonn Square. Annual student-led event to raise awareness of Modern Day Slavery.
- Monday 27 to Friday 31 May, Guide Dogs Charity Promotion, Bonn Square.
- Saturday 1 & Sunday 2 June, Headington Festival & Sports Day, Bury Knowle Park. Annual Community Event with family film screening on Saturday and a range of attractions for people of all ages to enjoy on Sunday.
- Saturday 1 June, Oxford Pride Parade, City Centre. Annual celebration of LGBTQ+ life in Oxfordshire.
- Sunday 2 June, Bubble Rush, Cutteslowe Park. Family-friendly charity fun run organised by local charity, Helen and Douglas House.
- Tuesday 4 June, NHS Blood & Transplant Sign Up, Bonn Square.
- Saturday 8 June, Big Green Day Out, Broad Street. A day-long family festival celebrating everything green and sustainable in and around Oxford, launching Oxford Green Week.
- Saturday 8 June, Soulful House Hugs, Bonn Square. Providing soulful house music for the people of Oxford - and free hugs to anyone who wants them.
- Saturday 8 June, Children’s Day, Florence Park. Organised by the Christian Life Centre, to celebrate children in the community - activities for the day include a bouncy castle, sports, face painting and a BBQ.
- Saturday 8 to Saturday 15 June, Old Fashion Tent Meeting, Oxpens Meadow.
- Friday 14 & Saturday 15 June, Botanical Dance, South Park. 30-minute performances aiming to bring contemporary dance and opera into green spaces. This event is aprt of Oxford Green Week.
- Saturday 15 June, Oxford Electric Vehicle Show, Broad Street. This is a headline event as part of Oxford City Council’s Oxford Green Week and provides an opportunity for Oxford residents to come, meet and ask questions of local electric vehicle owners.
- Saturday 15 June, 175th Anniversary Celebration of the Didcot to Oxford Great Western Railway, Grandpont Open Space. A community celebration, including activities such as miniature train rides with COSME, model train displays, guided walk and self-guided trail, stalls and more.
- Saturday 15 & Sunday 16 June, Summertown Stars Football Tournament, Cutteslowe Park, 8 am to 6 pm. A two-day weekend football tournament for girls, boys, ladies and men's teams.
Event Comments, Compliments and Complaints
Please use our online form to Make a comment, compliment or complaint about an event in the city.
Grants for Community Events
Visit our Community Grants page to find put about applying for grants for community events.