Our Events team manages and co-ordinates all events held on our land and all major events on non-City Council land such as on the public highway. Find out how to Apply to hold an event on our land.
Below is the Events Calendar for events taking place on Oxford City Council land:
- Wednesday 1 to Monday 6 November, Jack FM Breast Cancer Awareness, Bonn Square, all day. As part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Jack FM are decorating Bonn Square with some bra bunting. www.jackfm.co.uk/oxfordshire
- Saturday 4 November, Oxford Round Table Fireworks Display 2017, South Park, 4.30 to 10pm. Annual firework display and bonfire, with Jack FM sound stage, event catering, family area, public bar tent and funfair. www.oxfordfireworks.co.uk
- Saturday 4 November, Oxfordshire Poppy Day, Bonn Square, 10am to 4pm. To raise awareness of the work of the Royal British Legion. www.britishlegion.org.uk
- Saturday 4 November, Santas on the Run Takeover Day, city centre inc. Broad Street & Gloucester Green, 10am to 7pm. Watch out for Santas around the city centre and sign up for the fun run in December. www.hdh.org.uk
- Sunday 5 November, Disco Soup, Bonn Square, 12 to 3pm. Join this interactive community cook-up and feast to support organisations working with food surplus and against food poverty. www.abundanceoxford.wordpress.com/disco-soup
- Saturday 11 November, Leiden Square Opening, Leiden Square (Westgate), 12 pm to 4 pm. Official opening of the new Leiden Square that is located in the Westgate and named after Oxford’s twin city in the Netherlands. www.oxford.gov.uk/info/20139/oxford_international_links
- Sunday 12 November, Remembrance Sunday, St Giles, 10 am to 12 pm. Annual Remembrance Day Service & Parade.
- Wednesday 15 November, Schools Cross Country Races, Horspath Sports Ground and Shotover Country Park, 1 pm to 4 pm. A series of races for young people from secondary schools in Oxfordshire.
- Friday 17 to Sunday 19 November, Oxford’s Christmas Light Festival, city centre, 6 pm to 10 pm (Fri), 10 am to 10 pm (Sat) and 10 am to 4 pm (Sun). To launch the festive season, Oxford’s city centre will once again be transformed with cultural activities and installations. www.oxfordschristmas.com
- Thursday 23 November, Oxford International Links Mulled Wine Stall, Bonn Square, 4 pm to 9.30 pm. Celebrating the festive season and raising funds to maintain the links with Oxford’s twin cities. https://www.oxford.gov.uk/info/20139/oxford_international_links
- Saturday 25 November, Oxford University vs Cambridge University IIs-IVs Varsity Match, Shotover Country Park, 12.30 pm to 4 pm. Five cross country races with approximately 150 competitors in total. This is the Oxford University vs Cambridge University Varsity race for the second to fourth teams. www.ouccc.org.uk
More to follow...
Event Comments, Compliments and Complaints
Please use our online form to Make a comment, compliment or complaint about an event in the city.
Grants for Community Events
Visit our Community Grants page to find put about applying for grants for community events.