Our Events team manages and co-ordinates all events held on our land and all major events on non-City Council land such as on the public highway. Find out how to Apply to hold an event on our land.
Below is the Events Calendar for events taking place on Oxford City Council land:
- Saturday 1 July, Alice’s Day, various locations including Bonn Square, 10am to 4.30pm. Alice’s Day is a citywide event that celebrates Oxford’s links with Lewis Carroll and the Alice in Wonderland stories. It is a free programme of events delivered by The Story Museum partnership with local museums and organisations, and supported by Oxford City Council. www.storymuseum.org.uk
- Saturday 1 July, Colossus Awakes Part I, South Park, 9 to 10.30 pm. An evening of awesome performance, music, drama, atmospherics and amazing pyro effects to launch Cowley Road Carnival 2017. https://www.facebook.com/events/1765480623742978/
- Sunday 2 July, Cowley Road Carnival, Cowley Road, including Manzil Way Gardens and Union Street Car Park, 12 to 5pm. Annual community carnival with music, a dance stage, carnival procession, children's area, food and exhibitor stalls, craft and charity stalls and funfair rides. www.cowleyroadcarnival.co.uk
- Sunday 2 July, Free Flight Rallies, Port Meadow, 9am to 6pm. Model flying rallies – free flight. www.oxfordmodelflyingclub.org.uk
- Tuesday 4 July, Oxfordshire School Games, Horspath Sports Ground, 10am to 4pm. Annual programme of sport competition for young people in Oxfordshire. www.oxspa.co.uk
- Saturday 8 July, West Oxford Fun Day, Botley Park, 1 to 5 pm. Annual community Fun Day organised by West Oxford Community Association with a music stage, fun games for all ages, circus skills, gurning, a range of food and drink stalls and a range of community information and consultation stalls. www.woca.org.uk
- Saturday 8 July, Leys Festival and Horticultural Show, Blackbird Leys Park, 12 to 4pm. Annual community festival with activities for the whole family to try out, a static classic car display and performances. The Horticultural show will display home grown vegetable, fruit and planters as well as homemade foods from school pupils and residents across the Leys to be entered in to competition. http://leysfestival.weebly.com/
- Sunday 9 July, Cancer Research UK Race for Life 5k & 10k, University Parks & City Centre, 10am to 2pm. Annual 5k & 10k fundraising event for Cancer Research UK. www.raceforlife.org
- Saturday 15 July, Headington Fun Day, Bury Knowle Park, 2 to 5 pm. Free annual fun day for the community of Headington with games, activities, food and beverages, music and fun. www.headingtonchurches.org.uk
- Saturday 15 July, Dancin’ on the Green, Gloucester Green, 12.15 to 4.30pm. Dancin’ Oxford will present an afternoon of professional and community dance performances by way of celebration of dance, right in the heart of the City. www.dancinoxford.co.uk
- Sunday 16 July, Love Oxford, Broad Street, 10am to 1.30pm. An open air Christian church service, bringing together over 25 church communities across Oxford City.
- Sunday 16 July, Marston Neighbourhood Church Summer BBQ, Milham Ford Nature Park, 4 to 6pm. Annual community BBQ run by the local church with food, Gospel talk and some organised games. http://themnc.org/
- Saturday 22 July, Run the Oxford Parks by Thames Valley Orienteering Club, Headington Hill Park, 9am to 2pm. Part of a series of Saturday orienteering events based in and around Oxford organised by Thames Valley Orienteering Club. www.tvoc.org.uk
- Saturday 22 July, Oxford Rathayatra, Broad Street, 12 to 4.30pm. The International Society for Krishna Consciousness’ biggest street festival with stage performances, chanting, free vegetarian food, exhibits, spiritual literature, meditation and a short procession around the city centre.
- Saturday 22 July, Film under the Stars, Hinksey Park, 9.20 to 11pm. Outdoor screening of a family film. www.filmoxford.org
- Monday 24 July to Monday 28 August, World Vision Charity – Journey of Hope, Bonn Square, 9am to 7pm every day. Journey of Hope is an immersive experience telling the story of 8-year-old Ayie from rural Sierra Leone, giving people the opportunity to sponsor a World Vision child. www.worldvision.uk
- Thursday 27 July, The Leys Play & Activity Day, Fry’s Hill, 11am to 3pm. Each year the Oxfordshire Play Association organises a series of Play and Activity days across the County in line with the ethos of National Playday, the celebration of the Childs Right to Play. www.oxonplay.org.uk
- Saturday 29 July, Film under the Stars, Sunnymead Park, 9.20 to 11 pm. Outdoor screening of a family film. www.filmoxford.org
- Sunday 30 July, The People’s Fair, Florence Park, 11am to 5pm. Celebration of the diverse communities in Oxford with a variety of cultural stalls and food.
Event Comments, Compliments and Complaints
Please use our online form to Make a comment, compliment or complaint about an event in the city.
Grants for Community Events
Visit our Community Grants page to find put about applying for grants for community events.