Our Events team manages and co-ordinates all events held on our land and all major events on non-City Council land such as on the public highway. Find out how to Apply to hold an event on our land.
Below is the Events Calendar for events taking place on Oxford City Council land:
August & September 2018
- Various dates in August, Rose Hill Play Ranger Sessions, Rose Hill Rec, 11 am to 3 pm. Free play sessions organised by Oxfordshire Play Association.
- Sunday 5 August, Cricket Mela 2018, Cowley Marsh, 10.30 am to 6.30 pm. Free community event organised by Oxfordshire Cricket in the heart of East Oxford, promoting cricket activities for adult and children.
- Tuesday 7 to Thursday 9 August, Riverford Organic Farmers - Veg Box Promotion, Bonn Square, 9 am to 5 pm. Riverford staff members will talk to members of the public about their organic veg box delivery service.
- Saturday 12 August, Cowley Classic Car Show, Cutteslowe Park, 10 am to 6 pm. Annual car show, displaying around 200 classic vehicles plus children's, charity, food and beverage stalls.
- Tuesday 14 to Saturday 18 August, Dogs Trust Charity Promotion, Bonn Square, 9 am to 5 pm. Raising awareness of the Dogs Trust charities, attendees are able to subscribe if interested.
- Saturday 18 & Sunday 19 August, Oxford Royal Regatta, Longbridges Nature Park, 6 am to 7 pm. Annual Royal Regatta, one of the British Rowing’s premier rowing competitions on the Isis River.
- Thursday 23 August, Blood Donor Recruitment, Bonn Square, 10 am to 4 pm. The NHS speaking to the public, encouraging them to register as a new blood donor and book an appointment for a future donation session.
- Saturday 25 to Monday 27 August, Foodies Festival, South Park, 11 am to 10 pm. The UK’s largest celebration of food and drink where visitor can feast on a vast array of culinary activities, with top chefs and a live entertainment stage.
- Sunday 26 August, Headington 5 Mile Road Race, Race HQ @ Oxsrad, Court Place Farm, 9.30 to 11am. Annual 5 mile road race organised by Headington Road Runners.
- Saturday 2 September, Oxford Classic Mile Swim, Donnington to Folly Bridge, from 9am. 1 mile open water swim between Donnington Bridge and Folly Bridge.
- Monday 3 & Tuesday 4 September, St Giles Fair, St Giles, 11am to 11pm. One of the UK’s biggest funfairs is back!
- Saturday 8 & Sunday 9 September, Oxford Open Doors, all across Oxford. Oxford Open Doors is an annual celebration of Oxford across all walks of life, its places and its people.
- Saturday 8 September, Film under the Stars, Hinksey Park, 8.30 to 10.30. A free outdoor screening of the family film Coco, organised by Film Oxford.
- Sunday 9 September, Oxford Canal Festival, Aristotle Lane Rec, 12 to 6pm. Free community event to revive a successful festival organized originally by British Waterways.
More to follow...
Event Comments, Compliments and Complaints
Please use our online form to Make a comment, compliment or complaint about an event in the city.
Grants for Community Events
Visit our Community Grants page to find put about applying for grants for community events.