Our Events team manages and co-ordinates all events held on our land and all major events on non-City Council land such as on the public highway. Find out how to Apply to hold an event on our land.
Below is the Events Calendar for events taking place on Oxford City Council land:
September & October 2017
- *NEW DATE* Friday 1 September, Film under the Stars, Rose Hill Rec (behind the community centre), 8.45 to 11pm. Outdoor screening of a family film. www.filmoxford.org
- Friday 1 to Sunday 3 September, Foodies Festival, South Park, 11am to 7pm. Join Saturday Kitchen's Matt Tebbutt and Great British Bake Off winner Candice Brown at the annual Foodies Festival. www.foodiesfestival.com
- Sunday 3 September, Oxford Classic Mile Swim, starting at Donnington Bridge and finishing at the Christ Church Meadow river bank, 11am to 1pm. 2nd year of this open water Thames swimming event with one mile distance. www.swimoxford.co.uk
- Monday 4 & Tuesday 5 September, St Giles Fair, St Giles, 11am to 11pm. One of the UK’s oldest fun fairs is back – this year with a licensed bar and street food traders! www.oxford.gov.uk
- Saturday 9 & Sunday 10 September, Oxford Preservation Trust - Oxford Open Doors, city centre. Celebration of the city’s heritage with free activities at hundreds of venues. https://www.oxfordpreservation.org.uk/content/welcome-oxford-open-doors-2017
- Saturday 9 September, Vintage Bus Display, Broad Street (bollarded end), 10am to 4pm. As part of OPT Open Doors The Oxford Bus Museum offers free rides with vintage busses through the city as part of OPT Open Doors and will have a vintage bus as information point on Broad Street. www.oxfordbusmuseum.org.uk
- Sunday 10 September, Walk for Parkinson’s, Oxford city centre starting at the Cherwell School, 10am to 4pm. Annual walk to raise money for Parkinson’s UK. www.parkinsons.org.uk
- Saturday 16 September, Cancer Research Race for Life - Pretty Muddy, South Park, 10am to 3pm. This is the 2nd year of this 5k obstacle course for women in South Park. www.raceforlife.org
- Saturday 16 September, Saturday Series by Thames Valley Orienteering Club, Cutteslowe Park, 10am to 1pm. Part of a series of Saturday orienteering events based in and around Oxford organised by Thames Valley Orienteering Club. www.tvoc.org.uk
- Saturday 16 September to Sunday 17 September, Oxford Art and Craft Market, Broad Street, 9am to 5.30pm (Sat) & 10am to 4.30pm (Sun). The annual Art Market is a partnership event between Boffy Arts Market and Oxford City Council and features approximately 30 -36 traditional market stalls. All of the work sold is handmade and selected for quality and all stalls are run by the artists or makers of the goods. www.boffyartsandevents.com
- Friday 29 September, Curiosity Carnival, Broad Street & various other locations in the city, 12 to 7pm. The Curiosity Carnival is a unique opportunity for people of all ages and interests to enjoy an amazing programme of research-related activity across Oxford - most of which is free to attend. www.ox.ac.uk/curiosity-carnival
- Saturday 30 September, Riverside Stomp, along the Towpath starting in Wallingford and finishing at the City of Oxford Rowing Club, 7am to 8pm. Charity walk for Helen & Douglas House. www.helenanddouglas.org.uk
- Tuesday 3 to Sunday 8 October, The Chinese State Circus, Oxpens Rec, 4.45 to 9.30pm. The internationally acclaimed, all human Chinese State Circus returns to the UK with their new programme 'Dynasty'. www.chinesestatecircus.com
- Sunday 8 October, Oxford Half Marathon, city centre & north of the city starting on Broad Street, 7.30am to 4pm. Oxford will welcome thousands of runners over race weekend for what promises to be a very special day! The Race Village will be in University Parks. www.oxfordhalf.co.uk
More to follow...
Event Comments, Compliments and Complaints
Please use our online form to Make a comment, compliment or complaint about an event in the city.
Grants for Community Events
Visit our Community Grants page to find put about applying for grants for community events.