Transport and Road Closures
Transport arrangements will be the same as last year with Magdalen Bridge open to pedestrians and closed to traffic from 3am.
Although the High Street is then officially closed until 9am, we have always been able to reopen the road much earlier than this in order to minimise the disruption caused to those using this route to travel into the city. We will reopen the road as soon as it is safe to do so.
For the latest updates please check the Oxfordshire County Council website.
The following road closures will be in place from 3am to 9am on 1 May.
- A420 High Street - From The Plain to West of junction with King Edward Street (Road closure including bicycles)
- Longwall Street - From junction with High Street to Hollywell Street (Road closure)
- Rose Lane - Entire road (Road closure)
- Merton Street - Junction with High Street (Road closed at junction with High Street. Entry and exit via King Edward Street (bollard will be lowered))
- Queen’s Lane - Junction with High Street (Road closure)
See our Car Parks in Oxford page for full details.
We suggest using Oxpens car park if you plan on driving into Oxford.