Our Events Team is dedicated to supporting the safe planning and regulation of events and filming on Oxford City Council land. Together with partners across the city we help facilitate more than 300 large-scale and community events in Oxford to help build stronger communities.
We encourage events which:
- build understanding between communities, celebrate diversity and promote equality
- encourage a healthy lifestyle
- are environmentally friendly
If you want to hold an event on land owned by us, you need permission from our Events Office.
Things you need to know:
- As an event organiser, you are responsible for the planning, organisation and operation of your event
- An event can be anything from a sponsored walk or community picnic through to large-scale music or sporting spectaculars. For a more detailed but not definitive list, see our Common events enquiries section
- Make sure that you read this website thoroughly before you submit the online event application
- There is a non-refundable application fee of £20 for every submitted application.
- Expect to be asked to pay a hire fee for the use of our land. This is applicable as soon as we start processing your application.
How to apply
Important information: Before submitting your application please contact us to make sure the date and venue you want to use is available and suitable for the type of event you are proposing. Contact information can be found at the bottom of this page.
You can also visit one of our Events Surgeries if you wish to discuss your event in person and in detail. These consultation meetings take place virtually for one hour each week and operate on a drop-in basis.
If you want to apply to hold an event on Oxford City Council land you will need to use our online service, EventApp:
On this webpage you can find information about:
- Required supporting documents and deadlines
- Our current Fees and charges
- Our Terms and conditions
- Information about our venues
- Templates and guidance