The Events Team is dedicated to supporting, encouraging, and facilitating events and filming held on Oxford City Council land. We are here to help organisers with the application process and to support you with your plans. Together with our partners across the city, we facilitate more than 300 events in Oxford every year. We are keen to enable and support events that:
- contribute to Oxford’s sense of community and belonging
- improve health and wellbeing
- help to support the local economy
- provide a platform and employment for local artists and suppliers
- celebrate inclusivity and diversity
- work well with Oxford’s unique identity as a culturally rich and vibrant city
- have an understanding of environmental impact and look to be sustainable, recognising Oxford City Council’s aim to be a zero carbon council by 2030
- provide opportunities for our residents to develop new skills, interests, and friendships
- bring communities together across the whole of Oxford
- help Oxford to be recognised as an events-friendly and vibrant city both nationally and globally
If you are interested in holding an event on our land, please contact the Events team to provide us with information on your event and preferred location.
There are a few important things to know before you apply to hold an event with us:
- Although we will do our very best to answer any questions and support you through the process, as an event organiser, you are responsible for the planning, organisation, management, and operation of your event.
- We are keen to see applications for a variety of events, no matter the size. An event can be anything from a community picnic to an arts festival or multi-location sporting event. You can see some examples of what we consider to be an event in our common event enquiries section.
- We charge a non-refundable application fee of £20, as well as a land hire fee and reinstatement bond for every event. Our fees and charges can be found here.
- We are more than happy to direct you to useful online resources for planning an event, but we are unable to offer you events management guidance or comment on your planning documents.
How to apply
Important information: Before submitting your application please contact us to make sure the date and venue you want to use is available and suitable for the type of event you are proposing. Contact information can be found at the bottom of this page.
You can also visit one of our Events Surgeries if you wish to discuss your event in person and in detail. These consultation meetings take place virtually for one hour every fortnight.
When you are ready to submit your application and event plans, please use our online service EventApp
Visit our events documents page to find out more information about:
- Application documents and timeframes
- Fees and charges
- Terms and conditions
- Venue information Guides
- Templates and further guidance
Please note that all materials, information and guidance provided to event organisers by Oxford City Council is for general purposes and may not cover, or be relevant to your specific event. Oxford City Council cannot be liable for any loss, damage or cancellation or an event due to your reliance on the general materials, information and guidance for your specific event. You must take all necessary steps to ensure that you investigate the precise requirements, including but not restricted to any published specific guidance, applicable legislation, policies and planning, which may be required for your specific event.