Important information before you apply
Before submitting your application please contact us to make sure the date and venue you want to use is available and suitable for the type of event you are proposing.
- Although we will do our very best to answer any questions and support you through the process, as an event organiser, you are responsible for the planning, organisation, management, and operation of your event. We are more than happy to direct you to useful online resources for planning an event, but we are unable to offer you events management guidance or comment on your planning documents.
- We are keen to see applications for a variety of events, no matter the size. An event can be anything from a community picnic to an arts festival or multi-location sporting event. You can see some examples of what we consider to be an event in our common event enquiries section.
- We charge a non-refundable application fee of £20, as well as a location hire fee and security deposit for every event.
Documents we require submitting as part of your application:
- Event Management Plan
- Risk Assessment (includiong pre-cautions for COVID-19)
- Copy of valid Public Liability Insurance (£5million minimum)
If you are ready to submit your application, please do so on our EventApp website.
Need further assistance?
- Common event enquiries
- Our event spaces availble for hire
- Venue Guide
- Event documents & templates
- Terms & Conditions
Still not ready to apply?
You may benefit from joining one of our online Event Advice Sessions which offers the opportunity to meet the Events Team for an informal discussion about your proposed event.