Background to the Events service
Culture and events have the power to bring people together from all areas of life, break down barriers, and build strong communities by increasing the sense of local identity and belonging.
Our Culture and Events Team works with partners to help build strong communities by managing the delivery of over 300 large-scale and community events every year.
We encourage events which:
- Build understanding between communities, celebrate diversity and promote equality
- Encourage healthy living and eating
- Are environmentally friendly
If you want to hold an event on land owned by Oxford City Council, you need permission from our Events Office.
Our Events Team is dedicated to supporting the safe planning and regulation of events and filming on Oxford City Council land.
Things you need to know:
- As an event organiser, you are responsible for the planning, organisation and operation of your event
- An event can be anything from a sponsored walk or community picnic through to large-scale music or sporting spectaculars. For a more detailed but not definitive list, see our Common events enquiries section
- Make sure that you read this website thoroughly before you hand in an event application
- Expect to be asked to pay a fee for the use of our land.