Making an application - what you will need
You can apply for Universal Credit online. You will need to have some information ready before you claim.
- National Insurance number
- Email address
- Phone number
- Your address
- Your landlord’s address
- Your tenancy agreement (if you have one)
- Your monthly rent
- Your bank, building society or credit union account details
- Details of any income or benefits you get
- Details of any savings or other capital you have
The DWP has a short guide which explains how to make your claim. You can also contact the Universal Credit helpline if you have any questions or face any problems making your claim.
Universal Credit helpline: 0800 328 5644
This is now a freephone number.