Support for businesses
As rough sleepers often bed down in shop and office doorways, many city centre businesses encounter rough sleeping on a daily basis. Our city centre manager and ambassadors, together with a number of our community services teams, provide support to businesses around rough sleeping. This includes:
- speaking to rough sleepers and assessing the situation
- advising businesses what their rights and responsibilities are
- providing contact details for support services
- reporting rough sleeper locations to the outreach team
- liaising with the outreach team and Thames Valley Police as necessary
- ongoing advice and support.