Advisory Group members
Oxford City Council established an independent advisory group to provide governance and oversight of the Oxford Citizens Assembly on Climate Change.
The advisory group included a councillor from each the main political parties on the City Council, as well as a representative of the Conservative Party, together with Oxford-based environment and democracy experts and representatives from local industry.
The advisory group provided governance and oversight for the creation, structure and operation of the citizens assembly.
It was chaired by City Council Leader, Councillor Susan Brown who provided leadership around the group’s guidance in a non-party political role.
As the recipient of recommendations from the citizens assembly, Councillor Tom Hayes, Cabinet Member for Zero Carbon Oxford was not member of the Advisory Group meetings, but attended the meetings.
The members of the Advisory group were:
- Cllr Susan Brown, Leader, Oxford City Council (Labour) - Chair
- Cllr Andrew Gant; Opposition Leader, Oxford City Council (Liberal Democrats)
- Cllr Dick Wolff, Member, Oxford City Council (Green)
- Cllr James Mills, Leader, West Oxfordshire District Council (Conservative)
- Professor Steve Fisher, Political Sociology, University of Oxford
- Professor Myles Allen and Professor Nick Eyre, Environmental Change Institute, University of Oxford
- Mark Beard, Chairman/Mark Gregory, Bid Manager, Beard Construction
- Richard Pantlin, Oxford Citizens Assembly Network
- Zuhura Plummer, Oxford Extinction Rebellion
- Nigel Carter, Secretary/Hassan Sabrie, Chair, East Oxford United
- Yasmin Sidhwa, Artistic Director, Mandala Theatre Company
- Dr Alan Renwick, Constitution Unit, University College London