Selective licensing

Register your interest for an application form

Selective Licensing will start on 1 September 2022 which requires rented properties (houses, flats, bungalows etc.) within Oxford City Council administrative area to have a licence unless:

  1. The home is already licensed as an HMO; or
  2. There is an exemption.

If council tax is paid to Oxford City Council then the property is within our area and requires a licence. If you do not know who council tax is paid to, then you can find your local council online on the Oxfordshire County Council webiste. Alternatively, visit our Boundary maps page to download a detailed map of Oxford City Council's administrative area.

Complete our online form to register your interest for an application form. We will contact you when the application system opens.