What happens if you don't pay your Council Tax

Advice agencies

We recommend all customers experiencing financial hardship seek fee-free debt and money advice.

This type of advice is provided by organisations registered with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) for this purpose. Some FCA registered providers are:

There are many organisations that can give you advice and support with your debt issues. Calls to 0345 numbers cost the same as calls to landline 01 or 02 numbers, whether you are calling from a landline or a mobile. Call charges will vary, depending on your phone provider and your contract. If you are not sure of the cost, please ask your phone provider what their call charges are.

A list of providers and their contact details is below: