Homes for Ukraine
If you have a spare room or home and can make it available for at least six months, find out how you can become a host for Ukrainian refugees in Oxford through the Homes for Ukraine scheme.
A monthly thank you payment of £550 per month will be paid to you for the time you are sponsoring and hosting someone. This payment is optional.
Guidance for Ukrainian nationals
Find information, support and help for Ukrainian guests in the Homes for Ukraine scheme, in English, украї́нська мо́ва (Ukrainian) and русский язык (Russian) on the Oxfordshire County Council website.
The Government has also provided a guide for Ukrainians arriving in the UK, with information and advice on support and services for them.
Oxfordshire Community & Voluntary Action (OCVA) has created a webpage listing local organisations that offer support and advice to refugees in Oxfordshire.
We have created a map of useful organisations and places to be aware of in Oxford:
Making a donation
Oxford organisations fundraising for Ukraine:
- Asylum Welcome
- The University of Oxford’s Ukrainian Society
- Oxford Polish Association
Nationally, the Disasters Emergency Committee – a coalition of 15 leading UK charities – has launched a collective fundraising appeal to provide emergency aid and rapid relief to civilians suffering during the conflict.
Other registered charities actively fundraising for Ukraine include:
Oxford partnership for refugees
Oxford City Council, Oxfordshire County Council and a wide range of partners work closely to support refugees arriving in Oxford.
- The City Council supporting refugees to find housing and access services, including English classes, employment support, and social support
- The County Council providing adult and children’s services, and education
- Refugee charities – including Asylum Welcome, Refugee Resource, Aspire and Connection Support – providing advice, connections and support services, including mental health support
- Businesses providing mentoring and skills development, and assistance into employment
- Community groups providing local advice, social connections and support for families