Important notice - bulky waste updates
The bulky waste service is now a chargeable service. It has always been subsidised but puts pressure on the Council’s resources. The service has been made chargeable to help maintain the service and its availability, whilst ensuring valuable resources are reallocated to other areas.
There are two charges:
- Bulky waste furniture (including sofas, armchairs and mattresses) - £20 per item.
- Large electrical items (including fridges and freezers) and white goods (including washing machines and ovens) - £30 per item.
We offer a 50% concessionary rate for those in receipt of housing benefit, council tax support and universal credit (housing element).
What can be collected as bulky waste
As a general guide, we will collect items from these three categories of items;
- Furniture (for example sofas, armchairs, beds, mattresses)
- Household electrical items (for example fridges and freezers, TVs, computers and screens)
- Other ‘white goods’ (washing machines, ovens)
For a full list please see bulky items we can collect
We do not collect;
- items that included toughened glasses, such as a glass coffee table/glass fronted fridges
- DIY, construction and demolition waste
- fitted kitchens, bathroom suites, internal doors
- garden sheds, fences, wooden gates and greenhouses
- animal hutches and crates
- garden waste that will not fit in a sack
- any waste from a business premises
For a full list please see bulky items we can’t collect
Bulky waste is a chargeable service of £20 - £30 per item. We offer a 50% concessionary rate for those in receipt of housing benefit, council tax support and universal credit (housing element).
To book a collection, please call us on 01865 249811.