Introducing Oxford Legal Services
We are Oxford City Council's legal practice, operating at the heart of historic Oxford. We provide the full range of legal services required by this busy and dynamic local authority. We are now offering our expertise to all local authorities and public bodies.
Our practice has considerable local government and other public sector experience and understands the economic pressures and political sensitivities involved. We are acutely aware of the budget pressures facing the public sector and the need to demonstrate value for money. Our charging rates are competitive because we only operate in the public sector.
We have experience of dealing with a wide range of legal matters including civil litigation from debt recovery to judicial reviews, anti-social behaviour orders and injunctions, employment, licensing, contracts and procurement, housing, prosecutions for regulatory offences, planning, property, local government and corporate governance, including standards investigations.
Our legal practice is made up of solicitors, barristers and legal executives able to deal with the full range of public sector legal matters.
We are committed to ensuring that our lawyers are not only trained on the most up-to-date developments in the law but also are able to provide stimulating and comprehensive training to others in their areas of expertise.
We are accredited by the Law Society for excellence in legal practice (Lexcel). We are also accredited to the Investors in People Standard and regulated by the Solicitors' Regulation Authority.
We are committed to providing effective, courteous, timely and professional legal services and to finding practical and value-adding solutions to the legal issues facing our clients.
We regularly seek feedback from our clients and have evidence of a very high level of satisfaction with the legal services we provide.
We are offering local authorities and other public bodies the benefit of our experience in the following areas:
- judicial review
- anti-social behaviour orders and injunctions
- possession proceedings
- commercial property litigation
- debt recovery
- bankruptcy and insolvency
- land valuation tribunals
- council tax valuation tribunals.
- development control
- planning appeals
- certificates of lawfulness
- forward planning
- planning agreements
- town and village greens.
- sales and purchases
- business tenancies
- commercial and residential leases
- boundary disputes
- easements and restrictive covenants
- title checks and reports.
- benefit fraud
- development control
- building regulations
- unlawful eviction
- health and safety
- food safety.
Local government and corporate governance
- legality of decisions
- codes of conduct
- standards investigations
- data protection and freedom of information
- employment contracts
- tribunal claims
- TUPE transfers
- disciplinary and grievance matters
- compromise agreements
- policy advice and drafting.
Housing and homelessness
- housing policy andmanagement
- homelessness appeals.
- hackney carriages and private hire vehicles
- alcohol, regulated entertainment, late-night refreshment
- houses in multiple occupation
- street trading.
Contracts and procurement
- negotiating, drafting and interpretation of contracts
- European procurement
- outsourcing and shared services
- intellectual property and trademarks.
Why choose Oxford Legal Services
- Specialist public sector lawyers
- Full range of public sector legal expertise
- Value for money
- High-quality service for the public sector
- High levels of client satisfaction
- Experienced and well-trained lawyers
- Committed to finding pragmatic and effective solutions
- Effective, timely, courteous and professional services
- Lexcel and Investors in People accredited