The Windrush Years - Next Generations
- Date: 6th October 2018 - 23rd March 2019
- Every day
- Location: Gallery, Museum of Oxford
- Time: 10:00 - 17:00
- Cost: FREE
Visit our first community exhibition in the Micro-Museum. See our Caribbean living room exhibition and find out about the experiences of the Windrush with the voices of local people and costumes from BK LUWO. Created in partnership with ACHKI (Afrikan Caribbean Kultural Heritage Initiative) and BK LUWO.
This exhibition will be available Mondays to Saturdays.
Key facts about the HMT Empire Windrush:
- British troopship anchored at Tilbury Docks in Essex on 21 June 1948
- It was 500ft and 3inches long
- On 21 June 1948, the Empire Windrush carried 1,027 passengers
- More than half on board stated their last country of residence was Jamaica