FREE energy home visit, FREE small energy repairs such as draught proofing and LED lights, and FREE phone support with your finances.
- Made by
Local Energy Advice Programme (LEAP)
- Contact details
- Offer for
Private tenants, council tenants, homeowners, social housing
- Offer details
If you or someone you know in Oxford is on benefits, has a long term health or mental health condition or other vulnerability, it's likely you are eligible for LEAP.
This entitles you to a FREE energy home visit, FREE small energy repairs such as draught proofing and LED lights, and FREE phone support with your finances.
You could also get free or discounted insulation or boilers if available. This could literally save you hundreds of pounds.
To apply, visit the Better Housing Better Health website.
- Conditions and eligibility
Income Criteria – anyone with one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-related Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment & Support Allowance
- Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit with an income below £16,190
- Universal Credit with an income below £16,190
- Income below £16,190
Physical Health Criteria – anyone with one or more of the following:
- Cardiovascular condition (incl. coronary heart disease, stroke, hypertension, transient ischemic attack)
- Respiratory condition (COPD, childhood asthma)
- Neurological condition (incl dementia, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, epilepsy)
- Musculoskeletal conditions (incl. arthritis, limited mobility, recently attended hospital due to a fall)
- Blood conditions (incl. Sickle cell disease, thalassemia)
- Moderate to severe mental illness (incl. schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and depression where receiving regular treatment)
- Severe learning disabilities
- Other illness exacerbated by cold (confirmed by GP)
- Entitled to prescriptions where otherwise chargeable
Vulnerability Criteria – anyone with one or more of the following:
- On the Priority Services register of partner supplier
- Core group Warm Homes Discount recipient
- Disability benefit e.g. Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment, Attendance Allowance, Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- Contribution-based ESA or JSA
- Vulnerable family situation such as victim of domestic violence or recent bereavement
- Household with maternity/ child under 5 or particularly large family.
- Recent immigrant or asylum seeker
- Physical or sensory disability