Spindleberry Nature Park
Nestled between Blackbird Leys and Greater Leys, Spindleberry Nature Park (3ha) provides opportunities for residents to reconnect with nature and the natural environment.
- How to get there
The postcode for the nature park is Spindleberry Close, Blackbird Leys OX4 6DU.
Local buses stop a short distance away linking up to the many pathways that lead to and through the park.
There is no on-site parking, however there is limited roadside parking. Alternative parking can be found at the Leys Pools & Leisure Centre and Kassam Stadium, both a short walk away.
The pond in the heart of the park is part of the disused sewage works, the surrounding woodland has been developed into this popular park.
- Things to do
With a pond, stream, semi-mature woodland and pathways leading out to open grass areas there are plenty of opportunities to enjoy Spindleberry Nature Park.
- Sit and relax - grab a book or enjoys the views
- Wander through the pathways or head to nearby Fry's Hill, Gillians Park or Blackbird Leys Park.
- Walk the 'sculpture trail' and see how many friends you can see.
- Go pond dipping from the boardwalk. Use the interpretation boards to see what you can find.
- Go wildlife spotting - kingfishers, bats, red kites. muntjac and the spindleberry bush can all be seen.
We offer regular volunteering opportunities or working parties across Oxford. If you would like to find out more, visit our volunteering page.
Spindleberry is made up of many different habitats
Watercourse & wetlands
- water voles
- semi mature woodland and scrub
- red kites