- Conservation Area
Walton Manor lies south of the North Oxford Victorian Suburb and north of Jericho and the Radcliffe Infirmary. The area considered here as Walton Manor is that to the south of Leckford Road that had assumed its street layout by 1850. The houses and plots are generally small and the area has a human scale, with an intricate pattern of narrow streets, and retaining slopes that mark the former gravel pits.
The earlier houses date from the 1820s onwards and are built in terraces generally designed in the late Georgian vernacular manner, with divided sash windows and stucco or diaper brick fronts
- Date of Designation
15 April 1975
- Available Documents