- Conservation Area
Littlemore was identified as an area which merits protection and consideration through conservation area status in the Draft Oxford Local Plan Review, April 1992, which noted it to have an historic centre comprised of essentially two elements.
The first is the predominantly rural settlement of manor house, farmhouse, barns and houses whose ages span the 15th to 18th centuries. The second is that resulting from Rev. John Henry Newman's involvement with Littlemore from the 1830s when he had built the first parish church in 1836 and converted a range of farm buildings to his "College" in the early 1840s.
During the 19th century the social structure of the village was further cemented by the construction of two schools and a number of "gentlemen's houses".
- Date of Designation
- Available Documents