- South Park
South Park occupies 50 acres of open space, with magnificent views overlooking Oxford.
It is open all day, every day and is 5 minutes walk from Cowley Road in East Oxford.
- Travel and Parking
There is free parking available along Morrell Avenue, Cheney Lane and Warneford Lane.
The nearest car parks are a short walk away at Marston Road and Union Street
- Opening Times
- The park is open all day, every day.
- The park was handed to the Council in 1951 with a covenant preserving it as an open space for the benefit of the public.
- Things to do
The park offers something for everyone, young or old:
- Visit the children's play area and zip wire
- Use the fitness trail
- Run or walk the 321 route
- Have a picnic
- Catch a Balloon flight with Adventure Balloons (April and October)
- Enjoy the views over Oxford and the 'dreaming spires'
- Walk to Headington Hill Park
- Play table tennis
To use a drone in your local parks you will need to apply for a licence.
- For non-filming drones will need to apply to email@example.com or call 01865 252240 s for a licence.
- For pilots wishing to use filming drones they must liaise with our events team and complete a filming request.
Your views and the future of the park
We are continually working to improve the park and your views and suggestions help us to do this.
Please spend a few minutes completing our online parks satisfaction survey.
Responses from previous surveys have helped us write and update our Park Management Plan.
Becoming a volunteer is a fantastic way to meet new people, develop new skills and gain experience. Check out our dedicated volunteering page for all our opportunities.
- Sporting and Activity Opportunities
There is lots to do if you are looking for something energetic:
Get fit outdoors with the Fit Trail. This spans across both South Park and Headington Hill Park with many stations for an all over owrkout.
3,2,1 jogging route
If you are looking for a jogging route our marked jogging route will point you in the right direction.
British Military Fitness run bootcamp sessions from South Park (Upper end). Visit their website for information
Yoga & Pilates
Pop-up-Pilates is running a session 10-11 on Sat 27th Aug in the park
Becci Curtis Yoga runs regular sessions in the park on Sunday 10-11am
South park will soon be hosting a reenactment group.
Foodies Festival 2-4th Sept 2017
Pretty Muddy Sun 18th Sept
Round Table Fireworks Sat 5th November
The park is a popular location for other events, including;
- Annual fireworks display in November
- Foodies Festival
- Film locations
- Music concerts
- Friends Group
Do you visit regularly? Would you like to help improve the park?
By becoming a member of the friends group
- make a positive contribution to your local area
- have a say in the park's facilities
- improve the local conservation value
- get exercise, improve your health and wellbeing.
To find out more about the Friends of South Park visit their website http://www.friendsofsouthpark.org.uk/
Friends groups are independent, but work in partnership with the Council